Wednesday 30 July 2014

Grandparents - Abuelos

Oh the joys of summer! Not knowing what day it is, not answering emails or phone messages...!! hehehe Not being pressured to be available 24/7!! I am enjoying a few days back home and today I am writing to show you another ´vintage´ project I created before I left. A few really good old pictures of my parent´s parents came through my mail a few months ago and I just knew I had to scrapbook them.. bring the past to the present! I thought they would make an ideal gift for my parents and so it was! I even bought and IKEA frame for both and took them all the way with me on the plane (man they were heavy!!) But it was so worth it! They loved the layouts! 
My mother´s layout took me two days to complete. I hand stitched the whole thing!!!! I really need to get myself a little sewing machine!! The other one took me a couple of hours.. and I also included some hand stitching which I thought added charm. I used Simple Stories Homespun collection, basically all I had left after finishing the Family Album I shared last time. I feel I managed to use modern papers and embellishments and still achieve an ´old fashioned´ look. Hope you like it!

Ains los gustos del veranito! Sin saber que día es ni tener que estar pendiente ni disponible las 24 horas del día! Estoy disfrutando de unos días en mi casita y hoy os enseño otro proyecto que llevé conmigo para regalar a mis padres. Hace unas semanas me llegaron unas fotos de los padres de mis padres (mis abuelos) y pensé que podía hacer unos layouts fabulosos! Los puse en unos marcos de vinillos de IKEA y se los lleve en la malete de mano! Pesaban una tonelada pero valió la pena! Les encantaron!
La primera me llevo 2 días de trabajo, hice el cosido entero a mano! Necesito una maquina de coser YA! La otra la terminé en un par de horas y tambíen le añadí costura. Use la collecíon de Simple Stories, Home Spun, basicamente lo que me sobró tras terminar el álbum de familia que os enseñe la última vez. Pienso que igualnete usando papeles y adornos modernos, he conseguido un look bastante enviejecido.. Espero que os guste!

For my father, para mi padre





The flower chipboard element is from My Mind´s Eye Market Street collection which I fell in love with! I have not bought the collection (yet) but I did get the chipboard elements and they blended wonderfully with the Simple Stories Homespun collection!      La flor es un adorno de la collecion de My Mind´s Eye - Market Street collection que me tiene enamorada. Todavía no he comprado los papeles pero no me he resistido a los die cuts de chipboard! Además van muy bien con la collecíon de Homespun.


For my mother, para mi madre

Mum loves hand crafts and patchwork and I wanted to create this patchwork effect as a background. I cut out squares out of patterned paper and sewed them on a Kraft cardstock.  A mi madre le encantan las manualidades asi que recorte cuadraditos de papel y los cosí en el fondo como si fuera una manta de patchwork.



Would love to hear your comments! Please leave them below! Thanks for the visit!! XOXO
Me encantaría leer vuestros comentarios! Dejarlos abajo! Gracias por la visita!! XOXO





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO's. I love the floral pApwrs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guauuu, que bonitos, el primero me encanta y el segundo me sorprende ya que con tanta distracción (flores, estampados....) la foto sigue teniendo toda mi atención

    ReplyDelete